10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY MUM
Or, What Makes Her A Whacky and Wonderful Woman!
By Victoria Elizabeth, the last member a curious Celtic clan whose main claim to fame is clever claptrapping.
Glancing through my Mum's bodacious box of bits and pieces the other day, I came across something she had carefully tucked away as one of many timeless treasures received over the years from family members and friends.
Since the amusing note below was penned by yours truly several years ago, I'm reminded that each day we have on earth is very precious indeed. And, it's never too late to tell your Mum how much she means to you, (especially when it's neither Mother's Day nor her birthday).
So here are just a few of the things I adore about my Mum:
1. She's a magnetic maven - full of wit, wisdom and oodles of charm.
2. Not the superficial type, she loves a juicy philosophical discussion or a political debate, and why not -- especially if she's read all the "Great Books" known to man, and gone to university in the fifth decade of her life!
3. An organizer 'par excellence', she truly shines when entertaining the family clan, the neighbors, the local Mahjong group...and come to think of it...a whole host of visiting firemen over the years.
4. She's one very bright, perceptive and creative soul...who's never at a loss for words, but spelling them...well that's another matter.
5. She's a born money manager and a prudent investor -- besides, I don't know any other chronologically-gifted gal who banks by phone, types her own email, and trades on line!
6. Never boring, she's keen to tell wicked stories, ask provocative questions, and play all manner of games to keep a party going.
7. A kindred sprit of the other world and an avid late-night radio listener, she communicates effortlessly with critters large and small not to mention the invisible folk.
8. She loves all living things be they pesky people, potty plants or precocious pets including her frolicking, four-legged, furry companion named "Ben".
9. Born with a logical mind, a pragmatic spoon in her mouth, and a set of 'house rules'...all she wants are lots of little conundrums to puzzle over plus a few doggone doozies to solve thank you.
10. And last but not least, she can burn toast with the best of them -- but she's the only one I know who'll turn around without missing a beat and tell you, "It's good for your constitution"!