DOG DITTY DAILY #16
A Motivational Moment for Misguided Masters & Mutts
By Hugo Hotagen, DDD (Duke of Doorknobs & Doghouses), a loyal lapdog-in-training apprenticed to the affable, agnostic and all-round air-headed Court of the Quipping Queen.
Here are a few quirky, quizzical and sometimes questionable pooch song titles in honor of the "Year of the Dog":
- "Black Dog" (Led Zeppelin)
- "Dog Breath" (Frank Zappa)
- "Der Deitcher's Dog" (Public domain, composer unknown)
- "Hair of the Dog" (Guns N'roses)
- "Hound Dog" (Elvis Presley)
- "How Come My Dog Don't Bark (When You Come Around)? (Dr. John)
- "How Come Your Dog Don't Bite Nobody But Me? (Mel Tillis)
- "Me And You And A Dog Named Boo" (Kent Lavoie)
- "Oh Where Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone" (Public domain, composer unknown)
- "Old Dog Tray" (Jerry Ernst)
- "Pavlov's Dog" (MP3 - composer unknown)
- "Puppy Dog Song" (Christopher Kavi Carbone)
- "Salty Dog Blues" (Elvin Rooks & the Blue Grass Ramblers)
- "Sick As a Dog" (Aerosmith)
- "Stray Dog Strut" (Cowboy Bebop)
- "Walking the Dog" (Rufus Thomas)
- "Wanna Be A Dog?"(Barry Louis Polisar)
- "Wrong Side Dog" (Linda Book)
Trivia buffs will be pleased to know that there are only 6,650,000 web pages devoted to dog song titles.
There's no shortage of musicians with doggy monikers: "Big Yellow Dog", "Bonzo Dog Band", "Dog Eat Dogs", "Hound Dog Taylor", "Temple of the Dog", and "Three Dog Night".
And, in case you're wondering what a "Wrong Side Dog" looks like, you can fill your boots with all you ever wanted to know about this fascinating furry critter at: http://www.mp3tunes.com/album_details.php?album_id=25101.